Director of Commercial Operations
Sightly is looking for the best and the brightest to join our rapidly growing team. We’re proud of our industry defining work but we’re even prouder of the people behind it. That’s where you come in! Our work environment is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, and we always do whatever it takes to deliver exceptional results for our customers. Sightly is an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking an experienced Director of Commercial Operations to join a new department. While our company continues to work remotely for the foreseeable future, this position is based in Sightly’s NYC office. This role reports to the EVP of Strategic Development.
This is a highly visible position within an organization experiencing explosive growth in the ad tech space. You will be at the center of contract development and the commercialization of the way Sightly engages with the marketplace.
Our groundbreaking Brand Mentality™ platform is continuously adding new features and solutions which requires commercial agreements to be maintained. You will be an integral part of this new commercial department and work alongside the EVP of Strategic Development to serve internal stakeholders and build a new system of working for the firm.
This is a unique opportunity to leverage attention to detail, contract writing, and people skills interacting across all departments at a marketing software start-up based in NYC and San Diego.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own all contracts that flow through the firm
- Serve as a conduit across all departments ensuring commercial deal points meet Sightly’s standards and objectives
- Keep abreast of immediate competitive landscape and overall marketplace developments including pricing analysis that informs Sightly’s pricing
- Foster new working relationships and synergies across people and business units
- Cultivate greater transparency for the organization as it relates to commercial agreements
- Guide and drive use of analytics data to impact Sightly’s overall business strategy
- Produce and manage a process that enables quick decision making
- Provide commercial analysis and insight for senior management
- Perform revenue operations workflows such as managing Salesforce and optimizing how closed deals are communicated throughout the firm
- Maintain and promote alignment of strategy – the ‘right’ thing to do and not just the ‘easy’ thing to do, unless they are the same
- Attend industry events regarding legal and privacy communications developments, as necessary and as long as deemed safe during the COVID-19 era
- Have fun
- Have high integrity – if you do the right thing when no one is looking, then you have high integrity
- Have a sense of humor – Contracts can be dry, but our squad is personable and fun
- Have passion – Care and stand for something
- Exceptional prioritization, time management skills, and executer attitude
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to distill complex ideas into digestible language
- Professional ability to write legal language in a wide range of contractual agreements
- Moderate data literacy ie. understanding marketing data, media supply chain mechanics, and using analytics to shape contract evolution
- Comfortable gathering and using data to develop insights and recommended actions
- Ability to build trusted advisor relationship to management and other stakeholders throughout the firm
- Sound judgment and discretion when dealing with highly confidential information
- Salesforce experience
- 7+ years of professional experience
- 5+ years in the marketing field
- 3+ years of contract analysis and writing