Sightly is in an exciting stage of expansive growth! We deliver transparent, effective, and brand-safe ad campaigns that drive outcomes on the world’s largest video platform.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our team! This role will work on the Data Science and Analytics team developing machine learning models, data science products and derived metrics that help us stay competitive across our advertising platforms.
Sightly is an equal opportunity employer.
- Gathering and analyzing unique ad placement and performance data
- Generating insights based on our ad placements and performance
- Building heuristics and models that allow us to quickly optimize ad campaigns
- Understanding and communicating data requirements for the purpose of product development
- Communicating results with key stakeholders across internal business units and external clients
- 2-3 years experience as a Data Scientist building machine learning models and analyzing data
- Bachelor’s degree or better in a quantitative field (computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, economics, etc.)
- Excellent experience with a modern data science programming toolset (Python, Jupyter or similar notebook environment, PyTorch/Tensorflow or similar machine learning framework)
- Excellent data intuition and analytical skills (understanding and identifying sources of bias, able to derive insight from unstructured data)
- Good understanding of modern machine learning algorithms (tree models, SVM, deep learning)
- Good experience with feature engineering
- Good relational database experience (PostgreSQL or similar)
- Some experience developing software services for machine learning models, especially REST APIs (FastAPI or Flask preferred)
- Familiarity with and experience using git or similar code versioning software
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and follow industry best practices in an ever-evolving field
- Able to communicate complex data science concepts to non-technical audiences
NICE TO HAVE
- Snowflake data warehouse experience
- Docker/Kubernetes or similar containerization experience
- Masters degree in a quantitative (computer science, engineering, etc.) field
- Experience deploying and updating machine learning models to a production environment
- Experience utilizing state of the art machine learning methods for natural language processing, video semantic segmentation, clustering, etc.
Sightly is a high-performance media services and technology company that uses data science and analytics to deliver unrivaled business outcomes and client service.
We’re smart, agile digital media experts, bolstered by strong partnerships and innovative tools. We’re people of all ages, backgrounds and personalities who share the same ambitions to make a difference for customers, build innovative solutions and have fun doing it. If you’re ready to join a team that works hard, plays hard and loves to win, then we want to hear from you.