Company’s Director of Analytics Earns Brand Safety Institute Certification
Sightly is pleased to announce the Brand Safety Institute has named Adam Smith, our director of analytics and data science, a Certified Brand Safety Officer after he successfully completed its extensive brand safety education program.
The program included ten modules covering topics ranging from Ad Fraud to Malware in the Digital Ad Supply Chain.
It was developed with the help of BSI’s Board of Advisors, which includes a number of industry leaders from organizations like IAB, NBC Universal, Horizon, GroupM, Dentsu, BofA and Adobe.
This increases Sightly’s access to key brand safety figures in the advertising industry, with whom we can share developments for feedback and guidance. Adam said, “This is a natural step for us. To date we have used machine learning, data science, and natural language processing to:
- Identify patterns of comment behavior indicative of unsafe content for kids
- Classify YouTube videos as clean or unclean using description, tag, and comment data
- Curate lists of brand suitable channels and videos for specific brand requirements, down to the keyword level
- Flag content as likely aimed toward an under 18 audience
- Determine what type of creator made a piece of content (influencer, brand, aggregator, etc)
- Curate an evolving keyword exclusion list that reacts to media conversation trends, and
- Develop a system to monitor, grow, and prune inclusion lists over time to take advantage of trends and the changing brand safety landscape.”
We’ve already integrated Adam in his new advisory capacity as our Brand Safety Officer into campaign workflows from pre sales planning through execution and optimization strategies.
“Adam has brought immense value to our customers and partners,” said Ryan Vaspra, Sightly SVP, Media Strategy & Analytics, who oversees our Data Science function. “His growth over the past 16 months to become a company thought leader in data privacy, brand suitability and brand safety is a great achievement.”
Brand safety and data science are closely aligned at Sightly, with advanced analytics and machine learning algorithms fueling the brand suitability and content intelligence systems we are developing and our ongoing innovation as a YouTube Measurement Program member.