About this position
Sightly is a growing technology company leading the revolution in real-time marketing and brand intelligence. Join us as we pursue our disruptive mission to empower businesses everywhere to make the most authentic + profitable decisions in real time.
Our AI-driven Brand Mentality® platform enables any brand (or agency) to leverage an ever-changing ocean of news, social, media and audience data to make more intelligent decisions at the speed of culture. At Sightly, we’re passionate about our product, our customers, our impact on the world, and most importantly our team.
Are you looking for a fun & fast-paced environment where you can make a real impact? Do you want to get-in on the ground floor of a revolutionary new software product? Are you an innovative thinker who can get things done?
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist, who is highly motivated, inherently curious, and results-oriented, to join our Data Science team. As a Data Scientist at Sightly, you’ll be part of a team that help Sightly stays at the bleeding-edge of transformative innovation by using the latest in AI/ML technologies to build and ship scalable solutions for our customers. The data science team collaborate closely with product, design, and engineering teams to deliver features that allow brands and agencies to anticipate and act fast in the ever-changing marketing space. You will be the driving force to experiment, research, and create unique personalized experiences powered by emerging technologies such as LLMs, vector DB, and generative AI.
Your key goals and responsibilities:
- Leverage a broad tech stack — GCP Composer/Airflow, Kubernetes, Hugging Face, LangChain, VectorDBs, and many more — to develop prototypes which will lead to product features our customers love
- Design and create a unique dataset with our user’s usage data + brand’s profile information + external data sources to enable more customized recommendations and product experiences
- Design and build feedback loops from user interactions with our product features to enrich our proprietary dataset that stores information about a brand’s mentality (it’s values, missions, preferences and more)
- Train, develop, and deploy models that support our Brand Mentality offering, delivering solutions such as classification capability for ever-evolving scenarios appearing in the news cycle
- leverage best practices about recommendation engines to inject smart recommendations across multiple touch points in the user experience of our platform
You will achieve your goals by:
- Wrangle large structured and unstructured datasets to extract insights and build heuristics & proprietary metrics
- Build machine learning models through all phases of development, from design through training, evaluation, validation, and implementation
- Bring your passionate about cutting-edge tech to acquire and apply new AI/ML approaches to solve real-world problems
- Flex your interpersonal skills to translate the complexity of your work into tangible business goals
- Partner with a cross-functional team of data scientists, software engineers, product managers, UI/UX designers to research, define, and prototype features that our users will love
- Present your research outcomes and prototypes in a clear and easily comprehensible way to key stakeholders across internal functions and external clients
- At least 2-3 years experience as a Data Scientist building machine learning models and analyzing messy data
- Bachelor’s degree or better in a quantitative field (computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, economics, etc)
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and follow industry best practices in an ever-evolving field
- Solid experience with a modern data science programming toolset (Python, Jupyter or similar notebook environment, PyTorch / Tensorflow or similar machine learning framework)
- Excellent data intuition and analytical skills (understanding and identifying sources of bias, able to derive insight from unstructured data)
- Solid relational database experience (Snowflake or similar)
- Solid understanding of modern machine learning algorithms (tree models, SVM, deep learning, LLMs etc.)
- Excellent understanding of how to evaluate modern machine learning algorithms
- Solid experience with feature selection and engineering
- Excellent understanding of NLP concepts and techniques
- Some experience developing software services for machine learning models, especially REST APIs (FastAPI or Flask preferred)
- Familiarity with and experience using git or similar code versioning software
- Excellent ability to communicate complex data science concepts to non-technical audiences
- Excellent ability to structure a data science research project independently through scoping, data exploration, feature selection, feature engineering, ML algorithms evaluation through to outcome presentations
- Excellent ability to learn from open-source package/tool documentation independently and apply to projects
Additional qualities we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of or experience in the digital advertising and/or marketing field
- Self starter, focused, organized, and eager to learn
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Collaborative mentality and the ability to ideate & develop new business solutions
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Outstanding time management skills
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Employee stock options plan
- Comprehensive health plans, including medical, dental and vision
- Unlimited PTO; sick days and holidays
- Parental leave program
- Growth and career development opportunities
- Collaborative and friendly work environment
- Opportunity to work with a talented and dynamic team
This is a remote position.
- We love what we do. We’re passionate about what we do and who we do it for.
- We stay curious. We encourage asking questions and we cultivate an environment of curiosity.
- We move first. We’re a lean & hungry team who get sh*t done. We respond to change with nimble innovation.
- We care about people. We understand that life is bigger than work. We look out for one another and celebrate each person’s unique contributions to the team
- We respect perspectives. We champion the right to having one’s own unique mentality and we encourage diversity of thought.
To start your application, please email your resume to email@example.com